- Founded in November: 1990
- Population in East District: approx. 192,644 (Dec, 2008)
- Area of district: 33.5206 km 2
- District borders:
Separated from Chudong Town at Guandong Bridge in the east, adjacent to the Northern District in the west, connected to Baoshan Country and Hsiangshan District in the south, and overlooks Chubei at Touchien River in the north.
- The organization of government is roughly discriminated as bellow:
Central government ---county (city) government---township (district) office---village is subordination relationship.
East District belongs to the level of township and 52 villages under control. The population of each village is about several hundreds to two thousands. The population accounts for 0.082 % in Taiwan . Area land size accounts for 0.09 % in Taiwan . Although it is a small area, it is a charming city with tradition and modern as well. It is worthwhile to travel, work and live here.
- Temperature: Winter 10 ℃ -20 ℃ Summer 28 ℃ -36 ℃
- Emergency Telephone: If you have any troubles about Communication in your daily life, please dial
|Emergency call (Fire, Car accident etc.)||119|
|Report to the police, please dial||110|
|Call Center ( 24h Service )||0800-024111|